DA reviewing ‘additional information’ in Vasquez murder

DA reviewing ‘additional information’ in Vasquez murder

From the Las Vegas Optic

Jeromy Vasquez — Photo courtesy of the Vasquez family

No charges have been filed in the nearly two years since 36-year-old Jeromy Vasquez was gunned down in front of a home on the west side of town, but that might change, according to Fourth Judicial District Attorney Richard Flores.

In an Optic story earlier this month, Chief of Police David Bibb said that all evidence in the 2018 homicide had been turned over to the district attorney’s office. Following that story, Flores confirmed to the Optic that the Las Vegas Police Department has turned over evidence in the case, but Flores said his office was told that “additional information” would follow.

“We hadn’t made a charging decision because we aren’t sure if the additional information changes the PD’s initial opinion of the matter,” Flores said in a Dec. 17 email. “Once I have received and reviewed (that information), I’m sure I will make (a) charging decision soon thereafter.”

Flores told the Optic on Dec. 19 that a “supplemental packet” had been provided to his office by LVPD, and that the information was in the process of being reviewed.